Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Engagement Story


Hello Kids...

After a few days of blogging I suddenly realized that unless you know me and my fabulous fiancé you probably don't know the incredible story of our engagement. I think it's time to share that special story with all of you :)

The Engagement Story...

The pictures I've posted tell much of the story but it's not complete without a place to set it in. On Nov. 18th 2010 Bill and I set out for a nice dinner at the Opryland Hotel...little did we know it was the night of the tree lighting. And little did I know the surprise he was carrying in a brown bag was not a Birthday Present. We had dinner, walked around a bunch and had fun enjoying the Opryland Hotel with all of its fabulous Christmas lights. At some point we stop so Bill can go outside on one of the balconies to smoke...I sat inside where it was warm to call my Mom. A few minutes later he comes inside and tells me I have to come outside...which I was hesitant to do because of the cold and because he had a blind-fold for me. He takes me out on to the balcony and I remove the blind-fold to find the Lego Holiday Toy Shop Set all set up on the brick balcony...I was so excited by the Lego that it took me a few minutes to find the ring in the hands of a little Lego mini-figure. I promptly took the photos I've provided here then dropped the ring (yep that was embarrassing). It was just perfect...my fiancé knows me all too well and without the help for the traditional Chocolate and Flowers he managed the perfect proposal. With Legos to help and the setting of my favorite Nashville holiday tradition (The Opryland Holiday Display) we got engaged and I proceeded to tell every living soul who would listen about our exciting evening. It was a memory I will always cherish, the life lesson here to all those who intend to propose to someone is make it personal...make it special because you only get one shot! Bill know me well enough to make his proposal amazing and I will always be thankful for his attention to the tiny details that make life so great.





Alright, Alright no more mushy lovely stuff for tonight. Before I go I want to leave all of you Brides and Brides To Be my budget tip discovery from today. Are you ready??? Coke Points, yes everyone each bottle cap you toss in the trash is money down the drain...use those points! If you put in the maximum number of Coke Points each week for 3 weeks you can get a 1 Year Subscription to Martha Stewart Weddings Magazine...it's 265 Coke Points. When Wedding Magazines can cost between 3.99-9.99 an issue on newsstands why not collect your friends and family’s unused Coke Points and get one delivered to you for the Cost of a soft drink you already drink?!?

Well I'm off to spend some quality time with my fabulous fiancé...have a great night kids!!! 1 Year, 7 Months and 7 Days.













2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story I am so very happy for you guys!!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Andrea...we all need to go out one of these days!!!

    ReplyDelete