Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cake Toppers...

Hello Kids...

As many of you know by now I'm not following an exact order or science when planning my wedding. I'm tackling the things I can when the time allows. The cake topper was one of those things I was able to take care of without taking too much time out of school. In fact after some searches, a few emails and two ebay purchases I had configured the perfect Tiny Bride and Groom for our cake.

To Top It All Off...

We have Bill and Erica Lego Mini-Figures!!! These little Lego figures were always part of the plan, however the other ideas for my cake topper didn't work out so well. Originally we wanted a Las Vegas sign made out of Legos for the Bride and Groom to stand under, this fabulous idea was put to rest after being shown the $1500 price tag for the Las Vegas Sign in Legos. The next fabulous and more cost effective idea was to have a retro neon sign to top the cake with our Mini-Figures, however due to weight that option had to be put aside as a possible table center piece rather then a cake topper. Which left us with only the Mini-Figures to seek out; we think the baker will find away to make them look great on the cake. The Mini-Figures in total required 1 phone call to Lego and 2 ebay purchases. Once we had the pieces I simply swapped out a few parts and then we had Bill and Erica the Lego Bride and Groom.




Now that I can check Cake Topper off my To Do list I'm one step closer to my dream of a Vegas Wedding complete with a few Legos for good measure. In 1 Year, 7 Months & 5 Days I will be a Vegas Bride!!!

If you enjoy my blog and would like to help us raise 10 Thousand Dollars for our Vegas wedding please consider making a donation through our PayPal donations button. Or by making a purchase from one of our online interests listed below. Thanks for all the support and love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment